Below are the minutes from last Friday’s meeting. We made lots of plans but still need your help. If you have any ideas for monthly meeting programs or ways to bring in new members let Pat know. The Guild is only as strong as its members and we want to be a valuable asset to all the writers in Lewis County.
Meeting Minutes LCWG September 16, 2016
- President – Pat Thompson
- Vice President – Kyle Pratt
- Treasurer – Jennifer Vandenberg
- Event Coordinator – Amy Flugel
- Note Taker – Jennifer Vandenberg
- Tech – Larry Roth
Anyone on the board can be reached through the Lewis County Writer’s Guild Facebook Group or at any Friday meeting.
Topics for monthly meeting (subject to change)
- October 21, 2016 – Plotting Your Way Out of a Paper Bag by Amy Flugel
- November 18, 2016 – Nanowrimo event
- December 16, 2016 – Program by Kyle Pratt
- January 20, 2017 – Program by Jennifer Vandenberg
- February 17, 2017 – PNWA Conference recap by Pat Thompson
- March 17, 2017 – TBA
- April 21, 2017 – Creativity by Larry Roth
- May 19, 2017 – Annual Potluck
- June 16, 2017 – TBA
- July 21, 2017 – No meeting, critique group instead
- August 18, 2017 – No meeting, critique group instead
- September 15, 2017 – Idea round up for next year
We have three months with nothing planned. If anyone has any ideas please let Amy or Pat know.
Possible program ideas if anyone would like to present:
- How to give a useful critique
- Read from a favorite book
- How to find and utilize an on-line critique group
We would like to have more writers join our group and are looking for any outreach ideas.
- Amy will be creating a poster that we can put up around the county.
- Pat is creating business cards to hand out at writing events.
- Kyle will look into getting an article in the Chronicle regarding Nanowrimo and our group’s participation.
- Jennifer is going to explore how to make the website more useful to current and new members and would love any input provided.
If anyone has any ideas to bring in new members please let Pat know.