Results are in. Last night, Sept, 16, at the first LCWG meeting of the year, prizes were awarded for the novel-writing contest. Of eighteen entries, seven had been chosen to stand final judging by Elizabeth Wales of Wales Literary Agency of Seattle. Those seven are:
- Death Becomes Me by Amy Flugel
- Wild Woman of the Beaverhead by Dawn Taylor
- Crossing the Raging River by Gwen Kruger
- The Fault List by Amy Flugel
- Dark Awakening by Joyce Heck
- The Scorpion Star by Liz Holsinger
- Riki Ruby Ripley by Thelma Kruise.
After a long evening, electing officers and discussing the course our group wants to take, Contest Director, Doyle McKim, presented certificates of achievement to the top three contestants.
First Prize, with an award of $100 went to The Scorpion Star, by Liz Holsinger. Second Prize, with an award of $50, went to The Fault List, by Amy Flugel. Third Prize, with an award of $25, went to Wild Woman of the Beaverhead, by Dawn Taylor.
All three winning entries were read to the membership by their authors after the presentation. Congratulations to them!